By Leanne Jackson
- Teaches women the art and Joy of rediscovering their natural birthing instinct
- Teaches techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause pain in birthing
What is Hypnosis?
Hypnosis is a naturally induced state of relaxed concentration in which we communicate suggestions to our subconscious mind. This part of our mind influences what we think, how we feel and the choices we make. It can actually control pain. There is no magic to achieving success with self-hypnosis. Almost anyone who chooses to, can reach deep relaxation and redirected focus.
When having your baby with HypnoBirthing, what you experience is similar to the daydreaming or focussing that occurs when engrossed in a book or staring at a fire. You will be conversant and in good spirits – totally relaxed, but fully in control. You will be aware of your body’s contractions but will not be able to determine the extent to which you feel the surge.
You will experience your birthing in calm relaxation, without the fear and tension that cause pain. Your body’s natural anaesthesia (endorphins) will replace the stress hormones that create pain, and when it’s time for baby to be born, you will be fully awake and involved.
The HypnoBirthing Advantage
- Eliminates the Fear-Tension-Pain Syndrome before, during, and after birthing.
- Eliminates or greatly reduces the need for chemical painkillers, and shortens the first stage of labour by several hours.
- Eliminates fatigue during labour, enabling you to be fresh and awake with energy for birthing.
- Eliminates risk of hyperventilation from “shallow” breathing methods, and allows a more rapid postnatal recovery.
- Returns birthing to the beautiful, peaceful experience that nature intended.
- Creates a more integral role for the birthing companion.
During a HypnoBirthing class you will learn
- Relaxation and self-hypnosis techniques to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labour and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm and confort.
- Techniques to produce a shorter, more comfortable labour.
- The creation and control of the body’s own natural anaesthesia.
- The source of the myth that pain must accompany normal birthing, and why some women in other culures have birthings almost entirely free of discomfort.
- How the mother’s body is designed to work in neuromuscular harmony with nature throughout labour.
- Practice in deep relaxation during and between uterine surges.
What Parents Say…
“How could I believe this when I had gone through, not one but two, long and excruciating labours? I was petrified – then I found HypnoBirthing. This birth took just over four hours. I was relaxed and comfortable all the way. It was wonderful!”
“I was with my wife for the birth of our first child which was a bad experience for us. Most of the techniques we practised from the other course just weren’t for us. HypnoBirthing was far more than we had ever hoped for. Our daughter came into the world so easily and in such a calm atmosphere.”
What Health Professionals Say…
“This is the way all babies should come into the world. It’s beautiful. Keep up the good work”
“I’m a labour and delivery nurse. I work in the field of Obstetrics every day. I can hardly believe my eyes as a I watch HypnoBirthing mothers in labour. It’s amazing.”
“I’ve been delivering babies for twenty years, and I’ve never seen anything like this method. It’s incredible.”