This method, consisting of childbirth education classes, relaxation, breathing techniques and continuous emotional support from the father and a...
The Lamaze Method of Natural Childbirth, also known as the psychoprophylactic method or simply Lamaze, started as a prepared childbirth technique popularized in the 1940s, as an alternative to the use of medical intervention during childbirth. Today, Lamaze has become one of the most popular ways to get information about pregnancy, birth, and parenting through its many educational offering on and off line. Lamaze International trains childbirth educators around the world.
The stated goal of Lamaze is to increase a mother’s confidence in her ability to give birth; classes help pregnant women understand how to cope with pain in ways that both facilitate labor and promote comfort, including relaxation techniques, movement and massage.
- Stress Risk & Pregnancy Effects November 19, 2016
- BPA Pregnancy Exposure and Baby Obesity Set Course August 2, 2016
- Zika virus link to birth defects in brain and placenta tissue July 22, 2016
- Caffeine Is Linked To Miscarriage Risk January 7, 2015
- Teens With HIV At High Risk January 7, 2015
- Low Risk Of Birth Defect During Pregnancy January 7, 2015
- HIV Infection Risk High During Pregnancy January 7, 2015
- Effect Of Pregnancy On HIV January 7, 2015
- Chlamydia And Gonorrhoea January 7, 2015
- Autoimmune Diseases Chronic Inflammations January 7, 2015